Friday 24 February 2012

Ketapang City Location

Well, before I tell you more about Ketapang, I will tell you first where Ketapang's location is. I won't blame you if you don't know the exact location of Ketapang because there was the time when I told people I came from Ketapang, I should explain in detail about where Ketapang is. So, don't worry because you are not alone ^^

If there is someone asking me question like this:
Q: Where is Ketapang located?
A: Do you know West Borneo? If you know where West Bornoe is and how the island looks like in the map and then Ketapang is located in the south east part of Borneo island.


It is easy to tell my Indonesian friends like that because I believe that most Indonesians know how Borneo island looks like in the map but it is a bit difficult to tell foreign people about where Ketapang located is. However, luckily most foreign people know how to read map.





Ketapang city is located1°51′S 109°59′E, on the island of Borneo

Based on the map displayed above here is the Ketapang's boundaries:
North: Kubu Raya, Sanggau and Sekadau
South: Java Sea
West : Karimata Strait and Kayong Utara
East : Central Borneo/ Central Kalimantan, Melawi and Sintang

From the map you could see as well that Ketapang is one of the biggest regencies in West Borneo after Kapuas Hulu. However, Ketapang is consisting of 20 sub districts and I'm currently living in Delta Pawan, one of the Ketapang's sub districts. That is why, I love to call Ketapang as an island instead of a city. Some of you might be wondering why. Well, from the map, you could not see that Ketapang is actually a small city which is located in the delta of Pawan River. Everywhere you go, you will see rivers and beaches.

ekarifin

1 comment: